• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Swine Flu, Man made?

mooselovescandies

Greenlighter
Does anyone else think that the mysterious random Swine Flu could possibly be man made? This shit has spread this fast in a matter of months. If you read the statistics below, you'll see that the Swine Flu is mainly plaguing large wealthy countries in their main cities! Maybe I'm just paranoid...

The first number with the dash (-) next to it is the number of cases, the second number with the dash next to it is the number of deaths.

NOTE:Swine Flu Cases Now Too Numerous to Count

Swine Flu Cases - U.S.A. 2009

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

Washington DC

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

TOTAL

Country

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Bahamas

Bahrain

Barbados

Belgium

Bolivia

Brazil

Bulgaria

Canada

Cayman Islands, UKOT

Chile

China

Colombia

Costa Rica

Cuba

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Denmark

Dominican Republic

Ecuador

Egypt

El Salvador

Estonia

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Guatemala

Honduras

Hungary

Iceland

India

Ireland

Israel

Italy

Jamaica

Japan

Jordan

Kuwait

Laos

Lebanon

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Malaysia

Mexico

Morocco

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Oman

Panama

Papua New Guinea

Paraguay

Peru

Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Qatar

Republic of Korea

Romania

Russia

Samoa

Singapore

Slovakia

Saudi Arabia

South Africa

Spain

Sri Lanka

Suriname

Sweden

Switzerland

Thailand

Trinidad and Tobago

Turkey

Ukraine

United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom

United States

Uruguay

Venezuela

Vietnam

West Bank and Gaza Strip

Yemen

TOTAL

I got my information from:

http://www.disabled-world.com/health/influenza/swine-flu/cases-statistics.php

Last edited:
Do you mean man made as in made in a lab or purely fictional??
You could take the stats from any other strain of influenzer and draw similar opinions.

Firstly the 'hype' over swine flu has mainly come about because people who are already ill or have some predisposition to getting ill have died from it. The media have taken this info and turned it into some sort of public alarm. The many strains of the standard influenzer virus kills people every year on larger scales.

Speaking from someone whos had swine flu (ME!) and also because I work in healthcare, I wouldnt be too worried about it. Just take standard precautions as you (hopefully) would like hand washing and basic hygiene etc and you should be ok, even if you do get it unless you fall into the aforementioned catergories you'll be ok :)

holy shit, Alabama is up there! Louie Vatton, Prada, and Gucci should make some fancy face mask's. This shit is scary, I live here in the dorms and wow!

What the fuck am I supposed to do?? Would the school be responsible if I catch swine flu? *knocks on wood

Oh well good thing I'm starting to get in shape, and taking vitamins.

This shit gives me the chill's..

I like the -#'s what does it mean?

If you consider the fact that it has been watched more closely than the common virus, it's easy to see how many people were caught in the mania of its spreading. I like to see the patterns of migration through it.

Chill out, relax, keep general hygiene, sleep early, exercise, get lots of liquids, don't create the environment in your body that these things like to thrive in.

I'm in the UK so that means I can get Tamiflu after answering 5 or 6 easy questions over the phone!:)

I've sadly/thankfully (Take your pick!) not had Swine Flu yet!

Is flu contagious in the first few days of contracting it or is it during the last few days of recovery?

The idea of compulsory vaccination worries me. I'm not scared of the Flu but I'm freaked out by massively overblown coverage of Flu. I would like to catch the Flu.

mooselovescandies said:
Does anyone else think that the mysterious random Swine Flu could possibly be man made? This shit has spread this fast in a matter of months. If you read the statistics below, you'll see that the Swine Flu is mainly plaguing large wealthy countries in their main cities!

...Are you serious? What do you think the goal would be to make a man made virus? To kill people? If so, they've done a pretty lousy job of it, and instead have just incurred millions of dollars worth of costs in healthcare instead. As far as pandemics go, swine flu is pretty fucking benign, and it's more the threat of what it could be that has sparked the media attention and hysteria. And anyway, there are plenty of natural viruses (think smallpox?) that could do the job much more effectively than having to resort to making a virus.

As for mainly plaguing large wealthy countries, how do you think people could direct where a virus hits and where it spreads to? This is precisely why there is such a concern about pandemics like this, because they spread so quickly that it is near impossible to control or stem their spread.

I doubt the virus is man made. The hype and media blow-out though; entirely a human overreaction for the sake of selling newspapers.

I doubt the virus is man made. The hype and media blow-out though; entirely a human overreaction for the sake of selling newspapers.
*puts tinfoil hat on*
Lets not forget the companies producing this vaccine by the millions of doses, ready to sell it to us for teh cheap price of $24.99. I'm sure they've had quite a bit to do with instilling fear in the minds of people to reel some money out of their wallets.

the most lethal manmade virus is the industry known as the news

I'm running a fever :(((((((
It's going around campus, and in my dormitory. This fucking sucks!

NEW DAWN MAGAZINE has run two articles on the swine flu issue and from what they say..... its man made and they (Novartis and some politicians) have made a lot of $$$$$$$$$

Yeah I know it seems crazy conspiracy shit but don't forget all the shit the CIA alone has admitted to....like spaying strains of bacteria on the public to see what would happen

I don't know if it's manmade but I think it's been spreading on purpose...It never was really an issue until there was some major drug legislation about to be voted on in Mexico, then all of the sudden SWINE FLU!!!! becomes the major focus for a little while and the controversial legislation gets passed during the peak of the hype...I'm not typically a conspiracy theorist but that definitely made me wonder.

every year the common flu mutates, it just so happens that this year it got a name we can actually associate with something, a pig.

an interesting side note. Almost all pandemic diseases originate in domesticated animal herds/flocks. Influenza has its origins in pigs and avians..IE birds and swine.

who the fuck knows if it is man made? if it is...OF WITH THEIR HEADS

lol